Welcome

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Silk Creations by Janey introduces the Tranquility Series. I am looking for some input!!!!

The Tranquility series of scarves is a very special series for me.  It is named after my dad's boats.  The Tranquility was his first sailboat....an Irwin 31 he bought used.  The second was purchased brand new while I was in high school.  The Traquility II was a Cape Dory 36.  The last Tranquility, the Tranquility III, was a Hans Christian 46.  It was purchased when my son, David Bruce, was just a toddler.  My father would go to Annapolis to watch the final outfitting of his pride and joy.  A few times, I went along with little David to watch this beautiful vessel be readied for the ocean. I spent many wonderful and incredible afternoons, days, weeks and actually sometimes months sailing with Daddy.  We sailed to the Carribean, spent weeks in Bermuda, and he and my mom lived on the boat for most winters until his health no longer allowed for such a lifestyle.  We were caught in 3 hurricanes, had many adventures, enjoyed lots of sun and laugh.  Because of his sailing expertise and the strength of the Cape Dory and then the Hans Christian, I never felt in danger and we survived and I now have incredible memories of the times I spent with my dad.


So, I am currently painting some sailboats and I am just curious....other than white....what color should the sails and the hull be???  I would love to hear your input!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment